Scroll down and look at the video and see our FAQ's below.
DISCOVER CROSSFIT LILBURN 678
Let Me Tell You About CrossFit
First – watch the video/s –
Then you’ll understand from people across the country what it means to be part of a CrossFit gym. Everyone has their personal journey on why they want to do this very intense type of workout – from Seniors to teens – all wanted a fitness change and they found it within CrossFit. The bottom line that makes a CrossFit gym work is not the air-conditioning, not the clean floors, not even showers – it is the knowledge, the encouragement, the dedication, the community of caring people all wanting to achieve their different personal fitness goals.
What is CrossFit?
CVFM @ HI + Communal Environment = Health
A regimen of constantly varied (CV), functional movements (FM) performed at high intensity (@HI) in a communal environment leads to health and fitness.
The CrossFit prescription is performing “functional movements that are constantly varied at high intensity.” CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program. The CrossFit program is designed to elicit as broad an adaptational response as possible. CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. They are as follows:
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance
The CrossFit programming is meant to be scaled and suitable for all ages and physical conditions. Anybody that has a body can be an athlete. The philosophy behind CrossFit training is an all inclusive lifestyle change. The CrossFit program is distinctive, if not unique, in its focus on maximizing neuroendocrine response, developing power, cross-training with multiple training modalities, constant training and practice with functional movements, and the development of successful diet strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Core Strength and Conditioning Program.
- A calibrated mix of Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, mobility/stretching, calisthenics (bodyweight exercises), gymnastics, sprints, plyometric (“jump training” – increases muscle power and explosiveness), and other short, intense, changing workouts.
- Sports Science – fitness approach that alternates between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of less-intense activity or even complete rest.
- Environments where people interact, motivate and laugh, exchange information, and make friends with one another.
- Simple formula – effective, fat-burning and muscle-building.
- The best way to achieve General Physical Preparedness.
- A Better You – Build strong, flexible muscles that support weakened joints, promote overall stability, healthy balance and a lifetime free of pain through compound and multi-joint movement.
- Caring Coaches and Personal Trainers – They want you to learn how to use your body effectively and efficiently. Partner with a Trained Professional who is dedicated to go above and beyond. All of our Trainers and Coaches have multiple certifications and licenses, specializing in a wide array of health and fitness modalities, such as – CrossFit, FlexBuilding, Olympic Weightlifting, Endurance, Gymnastics, Kettlebell, Yoga Body Therapy, Martial Arts, Powerlifting, Chiropractic Medicine, and American Ninja Warrior.
- Be Efficient – Perfect for your busy schedule. Research shows you can achieve more progress in a 15-minute, three times a week, training program than jogging on a treadmill for an hour. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, just two weeks of CrossFit improves your aerobic capacity as much as 6-8 weeks of endurance training.
- Burn More Fat – Plus, the effect of that intense exertion kicks your body into repair mode. You will burn fat and recover quicker.
- Create a healthy heart – Most people aren’t used to pushing into the anaerobic zone (the sensation where you can’t breathe and feel like your heart is beating like crazy). Sports Science shows that in 8 weeks of CrossFit training, your endurance increases, your circulation improves, and you grow stronger.
- Lose Weight, Not Muscle – If you’ve ever dieted you know how hard it is to lose fat and build muscle and strength. Did you know that steady cardio encourages muscle loss? Whereas, those who weight train three times a week with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) lose weight, build muscle and look great!
- Be Challenged – This is not your grandma’s workout routine! The program is short, intense, and highly effective. Even those who exercise regularly are surprised by the intensity.
- CrossFit is modified for YOU, the individual. Everything is modified to suit your personal fitness needs, no matter what age you are or fitness experience you have. This is why you need a Coach or Personal Trainer watching over you to optimize your individual results!